Congratulations on your Tive Flagship Tracker (TT-4000 series) - here we show you how to:
- Use the button to Power On and Power Off
- Use the button to Force Refresh on Tive Platform
- Recharge and check Battery level
To print a Welcome Guide, please use:
Power, Battery, and Recharge
Congratulations on receiving your order of trackers. Here is how to recharge and store them.
Press the button to turn on the tracker. The blinking light and ascending tone mean it is Powered On. In a minute, the aqua light will stop blinking and the tracker will refresh on the Tive Platform if connected.
In general, you should never need to power off the tracker. The battery lasts long enough (weeks to years based on configuration) that you can just leave the tracker on all the time. If you do want to turn the tracker off, hold down the power button until the light turns white and a descending tone is heard. Then release the power button. The tracker is now off.
If the button is held for longer than 5 seconds, the tracker will not shut off (this prevents accidental shut off while the tracker is deployed in a shipment). An audible tone and red light will show when the shutdown procedure is aborted.
When not plugged in, press the button twice and the battery level will be shown by the status light:
red is low battery, yellow is partially charged, green is (almost completely) charged.
When plugged into a power source the status light will pulse to indicate the battery level as red, yellow, or green.
Recharge the Flagship
The tracker uses the inexpensive Tive Dock (DK-TT4000) to fast-charge - just drop it in:
- Drop it in: There are five keyed slots. Slide your Flagship into one of the open slots.
- Charge: The light on the right will glow upon contact: red if charging, green if fully charged.
- Ready: Once charged, you can leave the Flagship plugged in until you are ready to ship it. Alternatively, slide your Flagship out of the slot and Power Off.
You can also charge using a Micro-USB charging cable:
- Open flap: Look under the black rubber flap at the bottom of the unit for the Micro-USB connector.
- Check your cable: test that your Micro-USB charging cable charges your Android or other device.
- Insert cable: Insert your microusb charging cable into the micro-usb connector.
- Charge: Leave the device to charge for 4-8 hours, until the light is at least growing green.
- Verify battery level: Log into the Tive Platform and check that the device is above 90% battery level. If it is charged, unplug the USB cable. Now you can attach the device to the shipment or Power Off.
Data Transmission and Connectivity
The tracker sends data to & receives settings from the Tive Platform at the Update Frequency that you have set. To force a data exchange: press the button for a second to check tracker is on, it will then attempt to connect to Tive Platform and transmit the latest data within the next 5 minutes.
After initiating a data transmission, the tracker status light will flash blue to indicate successful data transmission is in progress, or red to indicate unsuccessful data transmission.
Shipping the Tracker in the Mail
Individual trackers can be shipped via parcel carrier without any special labeling or handling. Trackers do not need to be turned off before shipping.
In the USA, we offer a subscription to use a Business Reply Mail to return trackers back to Tive Headquarters. Please contact us to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions & Troubleshooting
- Technical specifications: tive.co/compare - contact us for specific technical documentation
- Why is my tracker not showing up in the Tive Platform?
I have been instructed to reset my device - how do I reset?
We may instruct you to reset your TT-4000 if two very rare cases:
- The device is stuck in over-the-air update (OTA) with a blue light during a recharge
- The light is on but not glowing after 8 hours of being plugged in to charge
Soft Reset: shake the tracker a few times, and the device will recover within 30 minutes.
Hard Reset: to restart the device immediately, contact us for reset instructions. Please remember to be careful with this reset, carelessly damaging the electronics will cause expensive repair costs.