Congratulations on your Tive Solo Tracker! This guide explains how to:
- Use the button to Power On / Off and check power
- See Location Accuracy, Cellular Connectivity, and Battery
- Mail your Tracker
To print a Welcome Guide, please use these files:
Power On, Off, and Status
Power Off: The Solo cannot be turned off! If you turned on your Solo by accident contact us.
Power On: Note, the Solo cannot be turned off! Follow the procedure below to turn on your tracker:
- Press and hold the Green button for 1-4 seconds to turn on the tracker
- Within 6 seconds a blue status light turns on to indicate the Solo has powered on
- Verify: Go to Tive Platform > Trackers > List > and find your tracker
- In 1-5 minutes the Solo should show your location in the Tive Platform - otherwise, contact us
- Attach the Tracker to your shipment
Power Status: Tap the Green button (<50 ms). Status light(s) will blink 5 times if the Solo is On:
- Blue light: only indicates power on - and not a status of battery remaining or connectivity
- Red light: indicates an error condition, contact us to troubleshoot
Upon pressing the Green button for up to 4 seconds, the blue light will blink 5 times when operating normally: 1 second on, then 4 blinks on and off within 4 seconds. Any other condition is an error:
If the blue light is on for more than 5 seconds, or if a red light appears, contact us to help troubleshoot.
If the blue light is on for less than a half-second, or there is no light at all, contact us about your battery.
Location Accuracy, Cellular Connectivity, and Battery Remaining
Frequently Asked Questions & Troubleshooting Guides
- Technical specifications for Tive Solo 5G (TT-7000 series) and 2G (TT-5000): tive.co/compare
- Individual trackers can be shipped via parcel carrier without any special labeling or handling. Trackers do not need to be turned off before shipping.
- Why is my tracker not showing up in the Tive Platform?